Oct 24, 2010
I know it has been a long time since my last post. Its my Little school and and few series of workshops that i attended that has kept me away. There is so much of catching up to do and i want to see all the lovely new recipes in all my favourite blogs...
This time around i am going to share a simple croquette which is quite popular among my friends and something that i am always asked to make for parties.
You will need :
3 potatoes boiled and mashed into tiny lumps
paneer - 250 gms ( grated )
cheddar cheese - 3 tbsp
Parmesan - 3 tbsp
onion - 1 finely sliced
Cunim seeds - 1 tsp
fresh coriander finely chopped
g. chilles - 2 de seeded and finely chopped
Salt to taste.
To coat the croquettes :
Bread crumbs as required
3 tbsp plain flour. ( Add enough water to the flour and make a batter that is not too thick and not too thin. Enough to coat the croquettes).
Salt to taste.
1. Heat oil and add the cumin seeds.
2. Add onion and green chilles and potatoes and saute till heated up.
3. Add the grated paneer and mix well.
4. Add chopped green coriander leaves and salt .
5. Now put the mush in a bowl and add the other two cheese and mix and keep it in the fridge for 15 mins.
6. Take it out and make it into a log. Sometimes depending on the quality of cheese i have had trouble at this stage. The mush sometimes gets little oozy and doesn't take shape. In which case you can take couple of white bread slices and cut the edges and soak it in water and squeeze out the water and mix it in to thicken the mixture.
7. Now cut the log into thin slices. I find this method convenient to shape them into small ovals.
8. Now coat them with the wet flour and bread crumbs and fry it in hot oil.
9. serve with coleslaw of your choice..